Thursday, June 26, 2008

Bread for breakfast

This morning,we made bagels and chiapatta with eggplant/pepper stir-fry and curried potatoes. We also shared the last of the 4 challa loaves--delicious home-baked bread morning. Then we weeded and harvested and transplanted in the cool morning drizzle, had pot-stickers from scratch for lunch (most with meat and some reserved veggie for me!), and took the afternoon off to go shopping at the 100 yen shop (aka dollar store).

I think next week I may try to start weaving the wool I've been spinning. This is so awesome... and the farm owner said as long as I keep giving her foot massages, I can stay as long as I want! ;) Right now, another american wwoofer is making a bunch of bamboo instruments--so far we have a didge I can play pretty ok, a rainstick, and some improvised marimbas. We're planning a concert. Keiko's Farm Orchestra. Poi spinning will also be involved, and maybe some juggling? Or puppeteering?? It's gonna be awesome...don't know yet who we're gonna play for. Maybe the handicapped group that helps out?

No comments: